From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage should rebuild kaffeine after libdvdcss installed?
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 01:44:57
1 On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 10:31:53 +0900, daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello all,
3 >
4 > I was getting some Japanese-bought DVDs to play correctly on my
5 > laptop, and I found that I after I installed libdvdcss from portage,
6 > portage did not think to rebuild kaffeine (or mplayer, etc), but that
7 > was necessary to get full viewing functionality.
8 >
9 > In the first case, I wonder if libdvdcss should be pulled in by the
10 > dvd USE flag. Secondly, I think portage ought to be smart enough to
11 > know to rebuild programs in such a case.
12
13 Nope. What you have to do is to set up the correct use flags for xine-lib
14 (dvd). All the dependencies will be pushed, you don't even have to
15 implicitly install libdvdcss. When a given use flag is changed portage will
16 detect and recompile all the required packages with a simple emerge -auDVN
17 world.
20 Jesús Guerrero