From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Portage should rebuild kaffeine after libdvdcss installed?
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 01:31:57
1 Hello all,
2
3 I was getting some Japanese-bought DVDs to play correctly on my
4 laptop, and I found that I after I installed libdvdcss from portage,
5 portage did not think to rebuild kaffeine (or mplayer, etc), but that
6 was necessary to get full viewing functionality.
7
8 In the first case, I wonder if libdvdcss should be pulled in by the
9 dvd USE flag. Secondly, I think portage ought to be smart enough to
10 know to rebuild programs in such a case.
11
12 It's no big thing of course, but I wonder if anyone else has thoughts on this.
13
14 Regards,
15 daid