From: Alan Ianson <agianson@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gaming on gentoo
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 01:17:41
1 On Thu, 15 Dec 2022 19:06:07 +0000
2 Laurence Perkins <lperkins@×××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Note that some programs will dynamically load libraries at runtime, in addition to being linked against them at build time. These don’t necessarily show up in ldd. (Qt is horrible about this) Enabling core dumps or running under a debugger might shed some light on what’s going on. If that doesn’t work easily then check the project documentation to see if they have a special debugging workflow. Some game engines require a very specific debugging setup for the output to make any sense.
5
6 One thing I notice that is different about Artur's setup and mine is that pulseaudio doesn't show up in his ldd output.
7
8 I am just configuring a desktop without pulseaudio and see if that works any better. I think pulseaudio is worthwhile but I'll try without it and see how it goes.