From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Somewhat OT] Backup software for CDs.
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 04:03:44
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 17:52:15 -0330, Roger Mason wrote:
5 >>> I would like to backup some stuff and can't quite find a program to
6 >>> use. I'm looking for something that can backup to CD or DVD and can
7 >>> span them over more than one CD if needed. Some of what I have will
8 >>> require several CDs. It would be nice if it would tar it or zip it
9 >>> but it is not required. I searched using equery and emerge -s but I
10 >>> can't seem to find much. Oh, GUI would be nice too.
11 >>>
14 >> I think dar (it's in portage) can do this: I've never used it myself.
17 > There's also kdar, a GUI for dar that also writes the split archives to
18 > CD/DVD.
21 I read about that one but I was not sure it would span across CDs.
22 That's nice to know.
23
24 Thanks
25