From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question of quantum computer
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 23:57:36
1 On 03/04/2015 23:11, Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
2 > That's the problem with science in general. The one thing it may never be able
3 > to answer is "why?". Take gravity as an example. We got really good models for
4 > it, we can predict how it influences even light with great accuracy but what
5 > are the underlying mechanisms? We may never know. Einstein would say it's
6 > because matter bends space, but what is the underlying mechanism for that? We
7 > just take his word for it because he gave us equations that work better than
8 > anything else we've come up with so far.
11 The scientific community is very well aware that it cannot answer the
12 question "why?", and in fact, true science doesn't even try.
13
14 Science never proves anything, it only fails to disprove a realistic
15 workable model.
16
17 For the sake of simplicity and brevity we often says "according to
18 Einstein's theory matter bands space so therefore..." or even simplify
19 that to "matter bands space so therefore...", all the time understanding
20 that it's just a model, and could be totally wrong about the real
21 underlying truth.
22
23 This is in no way a "problem" with science. It is by design.
26 Alan McKinnon
27 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com