From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Double Firefox folders in /usr/lib?
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:57:18
1 Holly Bostick wrote:
2
3 >But am I supposed to have both folders? Shouldn't one of them (the old
4 >one) have been deleted when the previous versions of Firefox (and
5 >Thunderbird) were removed? Or are they still used for some reason (and
6 >if so, then why do I have to have a new folder)?
7 >
8 >Seems to me that something's a bit wonky somewhere, but thought I'd
9 >check here to see if
10 >
11 >1) anybody else is seeing this
12 >
13 >2) anybody knows a reason this configuration makes sense/is valid
14 >
15 >before posting a bug.
20 I saw the same thing. I think the old folders would have been deleted
21 by portage, except that some plugins (like flash and realplayer)
22 installed symlinks into those directories, which prevented portage from
23 removing them just because firefox/thunderbird was updated.
24
25 I just rm -rf'd the directories...but a better plan would have been to:
26
27 equery belongs `find /usr/lib/MozillaFirefox -type f`
28
29 and the same thing for Thunderbird. After remerging all resulting
30 packages, there should be basically nothing left in either of the old
31 directories.
32
33 -Richard
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list