From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Tell cron to send email using sender:passwd@host:587 syntax?
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 14:06:27
1 Hi all...
2
3 I'm a little confused by something...
4
5 If I change the MAILURI in make.conf from the default, ie:
6
7 > #PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="root /usr/sbin/sendmail"
8 > PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="recipient@×××××××.com sender:passwd@××××××××××××.com:100587"
9
10 I'm guessing portage still uses /usr/sbin/sendmail, but using the above
11 defined credentials?
12
13 The reason I ask is, I have a new system I've been working on that will
14 eventually replace my old mail server. I'm getting close, but now I'm
15 tweaking a few system logging and reporting things, and while my system
16 successfully sends emerge logs with the above, cron job emails are not
17 successfully sent, and I get a message in the logs about my client being
18 rejected (not allowed to relay), which is as it should be.
19
20 I think all I need to do is figure out how to tell cron to send emails
21 the same way as portage using sender:passwd@××××××××××××.com:587 (using
22 TLS), but alas, my google-fu is failing on this one... I can't find a
23 single mention anywhere of alternate examples of sending emails with
24 cron, much less using sender:passwd@host:587 syntax...
25
26 So... anyone? I can't imagine it isn't possible... ?