From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 3 and Kconvert
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 15:24:08
1 On Saturday 20 February 2010 14:07:40 Dale wrote:
2 > chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
3 > > On Saturday 20 February 2010 03:11:41 Dale wrote:
6 > > Dale, whatever you wanted to say did not reach the list ... just an html
7 > > message with an empty body. You may want to resend?
8 > >
9 > > PS. Hopefully not in html. ;-)
10 >
11 > I synced last night and did a update. After that I was informed that
12 > there was some preserved libs that needed to be rebuilt. So I attempt
13 > to do this and this is what I get:
14 >
15 > root@smoker / # emerge @preserved-rebuild -a
16 >
17 > * IMPORTANT: 1 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
18 > * Use eselect news to read news items.
21 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
22 >
23 > Calculating dependencies... done!
24 >
25 > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "sci-calculators/kconvert:0".
28 > * IMPORTANT: 1 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
29 > * Use eselect news to read news items.
30 >
31 > root@smoker / # eix kconvert
32 > No matches found.
33 > root@smoker / # layman -l
34 > * kde-sunset [Git ]
35 > (git://git.overlays.gentoo.org/proj/kde-sunset.git
36 > )
37 > root@smoker / #
38 >
39 > So, it wants to rebuild Kconvert but there is no such thing in portage.
40 > I have the kde-sunset layman up to date as well. Also, I do use
41 > Kconvert so I don't want to get rid of it either.
42 >
43 > Is there a way to fix this? Oh, the news item is not related. I read
44 > it but plan to go back to it one day when I have more time to mess with it.
45 >
46 > Thanks.
47 >
48 > Dale
49 >
50 > P. S. Is this being sent plain text? Me and Seaonkey 2 are having a
51 > bit of a discussion here.
52
53 According to the headers in your message, yes:
54
55 Content-Type: text/plain;
56
57 I'm afraid I can't help with kconvert other than confirm that it does not seem
58 to be in portage anymore. I do not use any overlays to be able to offer help
59 here.
60 --
61 Regards,
62 Mick