From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 3 and Kconvert
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 17:41:44
1 chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
2 > On Saturday 20 February 2010 14:07:40 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
5 >>
6 >>> On Saturday 20 February 2010 03:11:41 Dale wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >>> Dale, whatever you wanted to say did not reach the list ... just an html
10 >>> message with an empty body. You may want to resend?
11 >>>
12 >>> PS. Hopefully not in html. ;-)
13 >>>
14 >> I synced last night and did a update. After that I was informed that
15 >> there was some preserved libs that needed to be rebuilt. So I attempt
16 >> to do this and this is what I get:
17 >>
18 >> root@smoker / # emerge @preserved-rebuild -a
19 >>
20 >> * IMPORTANT: 1 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
21 >> * Use eselect news to read news items.
24 >> These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
25 >>
26 >> Calculating dependencies... done!
27 >>
28 >> emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "sci-calculators/kconvert:0".
31 >> * IMPORTANT: 1 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
32 >> * Use eselect news to read news items.
33 >>
34 >> root@smoker / # eix kconvert
35 >> No matches found.
36 >> root@smoker / # layman -l
37 >> * kde-sunset [Git ]
38 >> (git://git.overlays.gentoo.org/proj/kde-sunset.git
39 >> )
40 >> root@smoker / #
41 >>
42 >> So, it wants to rebuild Kconvert but there is no such thing in portage.
43 >> I have the kde-sunset layman up to date as well. Also, I do use
44 >> Kconvert so I don't want to get rid of it either.
45 >>
46 >> Is there a way to fix this? Oh, the news item is not related. I read
47 >> it but plan to go back to it one day when I have more time to mess with it.
48 >>
49 >> Thanks.
50 >>
51 >> Dale
52 >>
53 >> P. S. Is this being sent plain text? Me and Seaonkey 2 are having a
54 >> bit of a discussion here.
57 > According to the headers in your message, yes:
58 >
59 > Content-Type: text/plain;
60 >
61 > I'm afraid I can't help with kconvert other than confirm that it does not seem
62 > to be in portage anymore. I do not use any overlays to be able to offer help
63 > here.
66 I have a sneaky suspicion that I will have to unmerge the thing. I do
67 wish KDE 4 would get to working for me so I could switch.
68
69 At least it was in plain text. It's funny that Seamonkey can reply just
70 fine but the initial message goes out blank. < sigh >
71
72 Dale
73