From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM for data drives but not the OS
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 23:38:18
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 23:23:20 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >> Cool so far. Now make a few more LVs (check the man pages, I'm doing
6 >> this from memory):
7 >>
8 >> lvcreate -L 20G -n test2 sdb-vg
9 >> lvcreate -L 30G -n test3 sdb-vg
10 >>
11 > A little time saver, if you have only one VG, set $LVM_VG_NAME to its
12 > name and you can leave the VG name out of any lv* commands.
17 I'll have more than one before long so may as well learn the long way.
18 Neat to know tho. I'm hoping for about a 2Tb or maybe a 1.5Tb drive.
19 That should last me a while but I'm going to put my current 750Gb on
20 there too.
21
22 My new rig is still growing. lol
23