From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM for data drives but not the OS
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 05:30:07
1 OK. I learned something. Check this out:
2
3 root@fireball / # df
4 Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
5 << SNIP >>
6 /dev/mapper/sdb--vg-test
7 51606140 48910048 74652 100% /mnt/temp
8 root@fireball / #
9
10 This is what I am doing here. As I posted a while ago, I created a 50Gb
11 LV. I attempted to copy about 75Gbs to it which filled it up but I
12 wanted to make sure it would. lol Then I used lvextend -L100G
13 /dev/mapper/sdb--vg-test to make it larger. I read I could do the same
14 thing with lvresize but the example I was reading showed lvextend. This
15 is what I got now:
16
17 root@fireball / # lvdisplay
18 --- Logical volume ---
19 LV Name /dev/sdb-vg/test
20 VG Name sdb-vg
21 LV UUID mixhOb-La6D-BwG4-Uz3l-P0ci-oGg5-YI3mN8
22 LV Write Access read/write
23 LV Status available
24 # open 1
25 LV Size 100.00 GiB
26 Current LE 25600
27 Segments 1
28 Allocation inherit
29 Read ahead sectors auto
30 - currently set to 256
31 Block device 254:0
32
33 root@fireball / #
34
35 So, according to that it is 100Gbs which is what I wanted. Thing was,
36 it didn't work. So, hmmmm. Light bulb moment. Resize the file system
37 silly. After that, success. So, I created something that wasn''t big
38 enough, filled it up, made it bigger, fixed the file system and now it
39 is working. All while online too. That is the weird part.
40
41 Still not comfy putting a OS on it but it is cool so far.
42
43 Dale
44