From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Minimal world file.
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 21:41:25
1 On 2/3/21 1:48 PM, tastytea wrote:
2 > You could install Gentoo into a directory without the build tools,
3 > but you would have to install packages and update them from a full
4 > Gentoo installation outside that directory. I've used that technique
5 > in my Docker experiments.[1]
6 >
7 > emerge --root=/workdir sys-apps/busybox will install busybox and all
8 > build-time dependencies into /workdir.
9
10 Intriguing.
11
12 Thank you for that pointer.
13
14 That actually is close to what I'm messing with. UML+NFS root
15
16 I could probably hack up with something where calls to emerge actually
17 reach out to the full host and runs emerge with the proper --root.
18
19 > [1]
20 > <https://schlomp.space/tastytea/docker-images/src/branch/main/gentoo-base.Dockerfile>
21