From: Thomas Kear <thomas.kear@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best printer to use with Gentoo.
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 20:10:37
1 On Friday 26 January 2007 4:32 am, Hamie wrote:
2 > Damn, that's a good price...
3 >
4 > I have a LaserJet 2600N (Network connected), which works like a charm. It
5 > needed a custom config file from the net somewhere, but it's a cracker
6 > apart from that (Except the envelope feed. You have to remove the paper to
7 > feed an envelope else you get a piece of paper infront of the envelope &
8 > the printing goes on the paper instead.
9 >
10 > I also have a PSC1210. All-in-one job. I've had one problem with that under
11 > an older kernel that wouldn't create the device nodes properly (Umm... Fro
12 > memory the nodes were there, but you couldn't write to them).
13 >
14 > H
17 The manual feed slot on my 1022 seems to actually function as such, overrides
18 the sheet feeder for as long as it has items in it.
19
20 Envelopes seem to be fine, although they make horrible crinkling noises going
21 through the printer, every time I wonder if it's going to screw itself into a
22 little ball somewhere in the fuser and cause me grief (this appears to be all
23 bark and no bite though, I have yet to have an actual problem, despite my use
24 of self-sealing envelopes that the manual specifically warns against lest
25 they decide to apply their adhesive to the inside of your printer).
26
27 More than one envelope sitting in the manual feed slot at once though? this I
28 have not tried.
29
30 --Thomas