From: Nelis Lamprecht <nlamprecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Java corruption after power failure
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:15:18
1 On 9/26/05, Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 06:46:45 -0700 Nelis Lamprecht
3 > <nlamprecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Does anyone have any other suggestions for me ? What else do Firefox
5 > > and Gaim have in common that I could possibly re-install ?
6 >
7 > For example GTK+. Otherwise try the command below. It will show you
8 > common dependencies of Gaim and Firefox:
9 >
10 > (equery -C depgraph mozilla-firefox && equery -C depgraph gaim) | \
11 > sed 's#^ \+`--##' | sort | uniq -d
12 >
13 > > ..I've forgotten how to check the dependencies.
14 >
15 > equery depends <package>
16 > equery is part of gentoolkit
20 I'm still battling with this one. Even if I move the ~/.mozilla
21 directory and startup firefox it still freezes with java enabled when
22 I visit a web site with java. All my browsers(Firefox, Epiphany etc)
23 have the same problem including Gaim so it's definately java related.
24 I'm just not sure what else to try re-install as I have re-installed
25 all of blackdown and the mozilla-launcher. Is there a way to rebuild
26 an ebuild along with _all_ it's dependancies ? I want to rebuild
27 firefox along with all it's dependencies instead of going through one
28 by one.
29
30 Thanks.
31