From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Donating Blood
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 19:57:03
1 Pandu Poluan wrote:
4 > On Nov 7, 2011 12:43 AM, "James Broadhead" <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com
5 > <mailto:jamesbroadhead@×××××.com>> wrote:
6 > >
7 > > On 6 November 2011 17:23, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com
8 > <mailto:markknecht@×××××.com>> wrote:
9 > > > On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk
10 > <mailto:neil@××××××××××.uk>> wrote:
11 > > >> On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 06:16:59 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
12 > > >>
13 > > >>> I hope anyone reading who doesn't donate will at least consider
14 > > >>> donating.
15 > > >>
16 > > >> I used to9, but I'm no longer allowed to. In the UK, anyone who
17 > received
18 > > >> a transfusion before 1981 is no longer able to donate, I received
19 > blood
20 > > >> in December 1980.
21 > > >>
22 > > >> It's something to do with CJD/Mad Cow disease, no jokes about the
23 > wife
24 > > >> please... she may read this and prove them right!
25 > > >>
26 > > > We have the same limitations here and it is about Mad Cow. (Not 'THE
27 > > > Mad Cow' you crazy Brit!) ;-)
28 > >
29 > > Please change the Subject when a thread goes off-topic. My ipod
30 > no-worky ;_;
33 > Uh, sorry about that, my bad.
34 >
35 > I also am prohibited to donate blood, because my blood pressure never
36 > goes higher than 110/70. The Red Cross guys had me jog around the
37 > building for 15 minutes yet the systolic number stubbornly refused to
38 > climb higher than 115.
39 >
40 > After going to 3 separate blood drives and experiencing the exact same
41 > incident, I give up :-(
42 >
43 > (Besides, them blood guys said that my blood's 'not something special'
44 > so I'm not robbing humanity of something valuable. I know they tried
45 > to assuage my guilty feeling, but in the process also torn down my
46 > self-respect :-(
47 >
48 > Rgds,
51 Mine may not be special but it is unique for sure. It has to be. I'm
52 ME ! ROFL
53
54 Dale
55