From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: conf.d/net routes
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2017 20:55:38
1 On 2017-09-02 21:05, Simon Thelen wrote:
2
3 > > Motivation: I want to add a route for a point-to-point interface.
4
5 > You probably only need to list the peer address on a single line and
6 > then that peer should become routable.
7
8 The problem was that _two_ routes were being added: the host-specific
9 one (which was what I wanted), but _also_ one for a non-CIDR network
10 based on the peer IP. Since the address was a 10.* address, I ended up
11 with a /8 route, which was definitely not wanted.
12
13 I got around it by suffixing the address with /32. But I am surprised
14 that iproute2 apparently cannot explicilty set the IFF_POINTOPOINT flag
15 (ifconfig can).
18 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
19 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
20 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.