From: Simon Thelen <gentoo-user@××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] conf.d/net routes
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2017 19:34:09
1 On 17-09-02 at 11:54, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > What is the exact syntax of the *_routes lines in the /etc/conf.d/net
3 > file, or where is it documented?
4 [..]
5 > "via" is not something I can use on the command line of the route
6 > command, at least according to its manpage. So it can't be just
7 > straight repetition of the command line. But then, what is it?
8 As far as I'm aware it's based on ip-route(8) syntax separated by newlines.
9
10 There's a complete documentation file for netifrc in
11 /usr/share/doc/netifrc-<version>/net.example[.bz2]
12
13 You'll probably be most interested in the "INTERFACE HANDLERS" section
14 and potentially the "Advanced Routing" section.
15
16 > Motivation: I want to add a route for a point-to-point interface.
17 You probably only need to list the peer address on a single line and
18 then that peer should become routable.
21 Simon Thelen