From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ttyS0 conflict was UPS recommendation
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 01:23:51
1 --- On Fri, 5/16/08, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
4 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ttyS0 conflict was UPS recommendation
5 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 > Date: Friday, May 16, 2008, 3:21 PM
7 > On Fri, 16 May 2008 14:57:24 -0700 (PDT), maxim wexler
8 > wrote:
9 >
10 > > > Thanks for your exhaustive replies. I've
11 > decided to go
12 > > > for the APC ES-350 for seventy bucks at the local
13 > Staples.
14 >
15 > > But when I try dialup I get this:
16 > >
17 > > Device ttyS0 is blocked by PID 3981
18 > >
19 > > which turns out is apcupsd. So I have to kill it
20 > before I can dial out.
21 > > Sure enough, in the conf file there is this: DEVICE
22 > /dev/ttyS0.
23 >
24 > Is this a serial or USB model? My APC CS 650 uses USB and
25
26 USB
27
28 > the DEVICE
29 > entry in the config file is just "DEVICE" as per
30 > the comments in the file
31 > and the man page.
32
33 There are comments for everything else except the line:
34
35 DEVICE /dev/ttyS0
36
37 But that would seem to conflict with the line further up the page:
38
39 UPSCABLE usb
40
41 But yeah, the manual says leave DEVICE blank for USB-connected units. I'll try that. Thanks.
42
43 mw
48 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list