From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ttyS0 conflict was UPS recommendation
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 22:21:47
1 On Fri, 16 May 2008 14:57:24 -0700 (PDT), maxim wexler wrote:
2
3 > > Thanks for your exhaustive replies. I've decided to go
4 > > for the APC ES-350 for seventy bucks at the local Staples.
5
6 > But when I try dialup I get this:
7 >
8 > Device ttyS0 is blocked by PID 3981
9 >
10 > which turns out is apcupsd. So I have to kill it before I can dial out.
11 > Sure enough, in the conf file there is this: DEVICE /dev/ttyS0.
12
13 Is this a serial or USB model? My APC CS 650 uses USB and the DEVICE
14 entry in the config file is just "DEVICE" as per the comments in the file
15 and the man page.
16
17 If it is a serial device, then you clearly cannot have two devices
18 plugged into the same post, so one of them must be ttyS1 or higher.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 WinErr 002: No Error - Yet