From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Version conflicts when mixing arch and ~arch
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 09:23:42
1 On Tuesday 10 October 2006 22:37, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 [SNIP]
3 > emerge -p world had to parse the entire portage tree anyway, it could
4 > easily check for versioning conflicts while doing it and display a
5 > message to the user, much like blockers do currently. I get it that
6 > portage likely can't suggest resolutions but it would be nice to see in
7 > one display that evas and pygtk requires mutually exclusive versions of
8 > cairo.
9 >
10 > Can portage do this? Is it something useful that warrants a feature
11 > request? Or am I missing an option in the man page even though I've
12 > read it >30 times? :-)
13
14 After bug #147766 [1] and bug #16365 [2] have been resolved portage should
15 detect this. That means that the latest stable portage still won't detect it
16 but latest ~arch portage should...
17
18 [1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/147766
19 [2] https://bugs.gentoo.org/16365