From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] boot problems
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 12:43:49
1 Am 03.05.2014 14:17, schrieb J. Roeleveld:
2
3 >> (Don't ask for the strange setup with sdb3/sdc6 and sdb6/sdc3,
4 >> historically grown somehow ...)
5 >
6 > Seen stranger, it works.
7 > What do the logs show when enabling them? Any "odd" messages?
8
9 Just looked it up, nothing odd. To me it seems that the assembling just
10 doesn't happen at all.
11
12 Maybe really take the step with the dracut module or a local separate
13 systemd unit file to do that ....
14
15 > With genkernel, I have a lvm and mdadm boot parameter.
16 > With dracut, that might also be necessary.
17
18 Doesn't work yet.
21 > If dracut sorts that, mdadm.service might be too much.
22 > But, as those are not boot-critical, they might wait for the real system to be
23 > running.
24 > In that case, you do need mdadm.service as well.
25
26 rd.auto=1 alone does not do the trick so far.
27
28 It's quite hard to keep you informed what steps I take here ...
29
30 dozens of reboots now ...