From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] boot problems
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 12:53:06
1 On Saturday, May 03, 2014 02:43:39 PM Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Am 03.05.2014 14:17, schrieb J. Roeleveld:
3 > >> (Don't ask for the strange setup with sdb3/sdc6 and sdb6/sdc3,
4 > >> historically grown somehow ...)
5 > >
6 > > Seen stranger, it works.
7 > > What do the logs show when enabling them? Any "odd" messages?
8 >
9 > Just looked it up, nothing odd. To me it seems that the assembling just
10 > doesn't happen at all.
11 >
12 > Maybe really take the step with the dracut module or a local separate
13 > systemd unit file to do that ....
14 >
15 > > With genkernel, I have a lvm and mdadm boot parameter.
16 > > With dracut, that might also be necessary.
17 >
18 > Doesn't work yet.
19 >
20 > > If dracut sorts that, mdadm.service might be too much.
21 > > But, as those are not boot-critical, they might wait for the real system
22 > > to be running.
23 > > In that case, you do need mdadm.service as well.
24 >
25 > rd.auto=1 alone does not do the trick so far.
26 >
27 > It's quite hard to keep you informed what steps I take here ...
28 >
29 > dozens of reboots now ...
30
31 If you boot without those in fstab, then do the mdadm and lvm steps manually,
32 do you then have it " working "?
33 If yes, I would leave it for now and wait for Canek to come online in a few
34 hours. (Mexico should be awake at around 4 or 5pm I think)
35
36 He knows systemd and dracut better then most people on here.
37
38 We are now getting into systemd and dracut territory and apart from trying
39 different tools, I have no further ideas.
42 Joost