From: Robert Crawford <flacycads@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleaning up portage
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:42:50
1 On Wednesday 12 April 2006 16:59, CR Little wrote:
2 > I did a df -h on my system today and I only have 300 megs left on /usr
6 > So I went into /usr/portage and ran du -sh and it shows as 1.5G
10 > I then went into /usr/src and ran du -sh and it shows as 1.5G also
14 > Granted this is a small box - 5 Gigs for /usr
18 > Should I delete all the outdated sources in /usr/src to gain space and
19 > if so will is a simple rm -rf linux-2.6.outdated work?
20 Try using yacleaner to clean out obsolete distfiles- works great, and I've
21 tried them all- this is the best IMO! Also cleans out other junk too. It's
22 usually good for about 1GB if you haven't cleaned up stuff in a while. Look
23 on forum for link to download. I use version 3.1- the more recent ones have
24 had problems.
25
26 Robert Crawford
27 --