From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chroot
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 01:01:05
1 On Monday 27 March 2006 18:30, JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org> wrote
2 about 'Re: [gentoo-user] chroot':
3 > On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:16:31 -0600
4 >
5 > "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net> wrote:
6 > > There /could/ be issues if you booted from a livecd that has a
7 > > different CHOST than you are building the system for, but if you are
8 > > doing something that crazy, I'd hope you'd tell us in your initial
9 > > email. ^^^^^
10 >
11 > Errr... I actually was going to build an x86 version under my amd64
12 > Gentoo. I was planing on having them on different partitions for
13 > testing.
14
15 That's fine, but make sure you use "linux32
16 chroot /path/to/chroot /chroot/shell" -- that'll fix up your CHOST.
17
18 How much RAM do you have? <4G, you might just go with a full 32-bit
19 userland and only a 64-bit kernel.
22 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
23 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
24 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
25 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh