From: Peter Gordon <admin@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting distribution name and release version
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 23:08:16
1 Scott Stoddard said:
2 > Look I'm not at all suggesting that we "dignify LSB" but what the o.p.
3 > is suggesting is not at all a bad idea.
4 >
5 > An easy, distro-independent, method for determining what distro,
6 > version, release, toolchain versioning, and/or portage timestamp can
7 > only help maintainers of heterogenous networks to do their jobs with
8 > less frustration.
11 Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but you may want to check
12 the contents of the /etc/gentoo-release and /etc/lsb-release files.
13 I think lots of other distros have the same basic /etc/<distro>-release
14 file that you could check for too. :-/
15
16 --Peter
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list