From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Virtualbox documentation
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2016 13:55:34
1 On Thursday, December 08, 2016 01:07:24 PM Matthias Hanft wrote:
2 > J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 > > Are your vbox modules loaded correctly?
4 >
5 > I think they were. Will carefully check next time (cannot do now,
6 > it's a 24/7 server where I have few time slots for maintenance
7 > and cannot risk kernel panic during daytime).
8
9 Virtualbox for a server?
10 I only use it for a quick test on my laptop. On the server, I use more
11 reliable and robust virtualisation software.
12
13 > I do have some VirtualBoxes running on other Gentoo machines. This
14 > one is a pretty new installation, and I just thought I had forgotten
15 > to enable something important in the virtualization sections of "make
16 > menuconfig".
17
18 If it's a new system.
19 Did you check that the BIOS is fully uptodate and doesn't have any bugs in the
20 virtualization support?
23 Joost