From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: wrong ram?
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 19:49:11
1 Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin <at> googlemail.com> writes:
4 > intel introduced an extension for spd information. The ram should work
5 > just fine. Intel motherboards might or might not make use of the
6 > additional information. so might or might not amd boards. And no, there
7 > won't be any risk. DDR3 is DDR3.
12 Nice to know about adjusting the timings/voltages.
13 Any suggested further docs or resources on this
14 is of keen interest to me. Maybe an example?
15
16 I never had to adjust timings/voltages before. Then again,
17 I need to poke around the Gigabyte BIOS
18 as these are my first Gigabyte mobos. Very advance
19
20 Thanks to all responders. I'll give it a go and post
21 back if there is any further issues.
22
23 James