From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Cleanify a Firefox Profile - how?
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 02:15:53
1 On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 5:49 PM, Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On 2017-02-23 20:30, R0b0t1 wrote:
3 >
4 >> You can't fight supercookies except with Tor and sometimes HTTPS as it
5 >> is your ISP modifying the data you send to servers. Personally this
6 >> should be illegal, but they have more money than anyone it affects.
7 >
8 > If you have ssh access to a server outside, you can run your own SOCKS
9 > proxy with ssh -D. That should also defeat any MITM actions by your ISP.
12 I'm not trying to be obtuse - but what about the *server's* ISP? In
13 practice it may be a good suggestion as mobile carriers may be the
14 only ones using supercookies, but I doubt that.