From: Daniel Pielmeier <billie@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hplip recompiled with scanner use flag now scanning works, printing does not.
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 16:04:17
1 2010/4/23 ubiquitous1980 <nixuser1980@×××××.com>:
2 > Hello Daniel,
3 >
4 > I have tried both cups webinterface and hp-setup with the same results.
5 > My groups are as follows:
6 >
7 > adm disk lp wheel uucp audio cdrom dialout video games cdrw usb users
8 > haldaemon plugdev gdm ubiquitous1980 polkituser scanner
9
10 Hm I am out of ideas now. You can try a newer version of hplip maybe
11 this solves your issue.
12 There is also a forum post [1] where a user had a similar problem and
13 solved it by adding the lp user to the scanner group. See the last
14 comment of the thread.
15
16 [1] https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-822795.html?sid=f4214ab346ef56e607623918801d5764
19 Daniel Pielmeier