From: ubiquitous1980 <nixuser1980@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hplip recompiled with scanner use flag now scanning works, printing does not.
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 23:38:50
1 Some success!
2
3 By changing the permissions by:
4
5 chmod a=rw /dev/bus/usb/005/005 I get printing (Scanning still works
6 also). However simply adding the groups and rebooting does not.
7 Therefore, I am still completely at a loss. Not pragmatic to have to
8 set permissions on a moving target each boot. Any ideas how to proceed
9 from here?
10
11 Thanks
12