From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ATI X800 - no opengl + logout problem
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:18:48
1 On 11/20/06, Radoslaw Grzanka <radekg@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Thanks for reply. If I use any FB then I cannot start X - same issue it
3 > hangs and turns off my monitor. If I turn off FB (and I was using vesa
4 > btw) and use text console then I can start x but cannot logout.
5
6 Ok, the other thing you might try is a more recent version of the
7 drivers. You can get the ~arch version with "echo
8 x11-drivers/ati-drivers >>/etc/portage/package.keywords". Updating
9 ati-drivers then should give you version 8.30.3 (and in a few days,
10 8.31.5).
11
12 But other than that, I don't really know.
13
14 -Richard
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list