From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to remove HAL
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:06:30
1 On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 10:44:23 +0800, sam new wrote:
2
3 > As we know, HAL is not used by Xorg for output devices or any
4 > other devices,so I want to remove it completely,I set USE="-hal"
5 > in /etc/make.conf ,and recompile the packages, and also
6 > modify /etc/conf.d/xdm with NEED_HALD="no" ,exec rc-update del hal
7 > default .All things goes well ,yesterday,I use emerge to update my
8 > world ,in the list still has a hal package, I don't know why system
9 > sitll emerge hal? maybe dependence ,but I use 'equery d hal' and
10 > check packages which depend HAL ,have no idea ,any Suggestions?
11
12 USE only affects optional dependencies. euse -I hal will list packages
13 that have a hal USE flag while emerge --depclean -pv sys-apps/hal will
14 show those that depend o it. If any appear i only the second list, they
15 probably have a compulsory dependency on hal. For example K3b shows up
16 like that here.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Runtime Error: Out of funny taglines!