From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSH won't restart
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:27:26
1 On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:14:20 -0700
2 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Thank you but doesn't it look like there must be a problem that is
5 > preventing my sshd from starting? Won't '/usr/bin/sshd -p 3' just
6 > fail, or is that more likely to work than '/etc/init.d/sshd start'?
7 It seems to me that the problem is probably the initscript is confused,
8 and not that the config files are bad and the daemon can't start.
9
10 > Also, is '/usr/bin/sshd' sufficient? Why not port 22?
11 It is. No reason at all. But if you started it before the original
12 ssh server had been stopped, you'd have to start it on a different port
13 so that it didn't conflict with the original.
14 > - Grant
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list