From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] He's baaaaaack!
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 06:46:14
1 Martins Steinbergs wrote:
2
3 >log to linux, erase partition table, get those heads corect, write new
4 >partition table --> reboot, LBA is on and win is booting. none of dos/win
5 >apps worked for me to fix partition table.
6 >
7 >i asume LBA is needed only for win itself, not vfat or ntfs partitions,
8 >therefore files are accesible from linux
9 >
10 >martins
15 Um, if you do this, you will more than likely destroy the filesystems as
16 well, because the new partitions will not line up exactly with the old ones.
17
18 Anyway I don't think this is the problem. Afterall, WinXP booted fine
19 before on this drive with LBA disabled, so something else is up. If you
20 already made the right changes to the boot.ini file, then I suspect that
21 a "fixboot" from the recovery mode of the WinXP CD will be necessary.
22 This should not overwrite the MBR, only the boot loader that is at the
23 beginning of the windows partition.
24
25 -Richard
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list