From: Martins <mar@××.lv>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] He's baaaaaack!
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:06:50
2 >Um, if you do this, you will more than likely destroy the filesystems as
3 >well, because the new partitions will not line up exactly with the old ones.
4 >
5 >Anyway I don't think this is the problem. Afterall, WinXP booted fine
6 >before on this drive with LBA disabled, so something else is up. If you
7 >already made the right changes to the boot.ini file, then I suspect that a
8 >"fixboot" from the recovery mode of the WinXP CD will be necessary.
9 >This should not overwrite the MBR, only the boot loader that is at the
10 >beginning of the windows partition.
11 >
12 >-Richard
13 >
14 >--
15 >gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
16
17 there is no worry, writing new partition table give it the same values
18 (partition start, end, type, order) as before and not a single bit is lost
19
20 this is kind of fedora installer bug, since i have amd64 box i was moving
21 from mandrake to some more amd64 distro at that point, and befor gentoo i
22 checked fedora. and problems started when i upgraded bios.
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list