From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is gnome becoming obligatory?
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 21:02:34
1 On 10/12/17 10:13, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > I've no idea how good systemd is. It's not been through the normal
3 > process of choice and selection that other successful packages have. It
4 > was forced on people. But being forced to have a binary system log,
5 > being forced (so I have heard) to have an http server running, ....,
6 > doesn't make it an attractive package for me.
7
8 Oddly enough, although the details are different, that passage I've
9 quoted pretty accurately describes how I feel about Gnome ... :-)
10
11 Cheers,
12 Wol