From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [Fwd: Re: Gentoo Rules]
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:47:50
1 Hans de Graaff wrote:
2 > A possible solution would be for you (or someone) to become a proxy
3 > maintainer, meaning that you'd get the bug reports and provide new
4 > ebuilds, and a developer (most likely someone from the backup herd) would
5 > review it and put it in the tree.
6
7 Hi Hans, thanks for the reply! Being a student, I will soon have some
8 time to help out, so this might be a good thing for me to do. How does
9 one become a proxy maintainer? Should I just write app-backup@g.o?
10
11 One of the challenging things about the BackupPC ebuild is that the
12 program needs to be configured to work with its own instance of apache
13 (run as user backuppc), and I think none of the ebuild contributors are
14 all too sure of the standard "Gentoo" way of doing this. I'd be happy
15 to try and make an ebuild that is a good compromise of the ideas listed
16 in the bug.
19 Randy Barlow
20 http://electronsweatshop.com
21 --