From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [Fwd: Re: Gentoo Rules]
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:58:59
1 On Saturday 15 December 2007, Randy Barlow wrote:
2
3 > One of the challenging things about the BackupPC ebuild is that the
4 > program needs to be configured to work with its own instance of apache
5 > (run as user backuppc), and I think none of the ebuild contributors
6 > are all too sure of the standard "Gentoo" way of doing this. I'd be
7 > happy to try and make an ebuild that is a good compromise of the ideas
8 > listed in the bug.
9
10 (Apologies if this has already been mentioned)
11 Another (maybe less intrusive, although slightly less efficient) option
12 is to install the BackupPC_Admin CGI as setuid so that it runs as user
13 backuppc (this is how I run BackupPC-2.1.2-r1). This does not require a
14 different instance of apache, nor it requires to use mod_perl. It does,
15 however, require USE=perlsuid, but this is already supported by gentoo.
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list