From: Steven Susbauer <stupendoussteve@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sata drive on abit fatal1ty an8-sli
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 05:59:26
1 Yes I'm aware of that, what I don't know is what drive to partition, format
2 and mount. In an IDE it is /dev/hda, /dev/hdb, etc. In this I have no
3 clue...
4
5 On 12/8/05, maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > Livecd found the drive but you have to format/mount
8 > it.
9 >
10 > --- Steven Susbauer <stupendoussteve@×××××.com> wrote:
11 >
12 > > Hey, I just got my first amd system in a long time.
13 > > It has a 250gb sata
14 > > drive and the Gentoo live cd has some dmesg messages
15 > > about nvsata or
16 > > similar, but it doesn't say anything about where
17 > > it's stuck in the dev tree.
18 > >
19 > > Does the Gentoo live cd support nvidia nforce4 sata
20 > > interfaces? Do I have to
21 > > do anything special to add in support at boot and
22 > > where would I find it in
23 > > the dev tree? I didn't have anything like /dev/sda.
24 > >
25 > > Thanks a bunch.
26 > >
27 > > --
29 > > Steven Susbauer
34 > Do You Yahoo!?
35 > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
36 > http://mail.yahoo.com
37 > --
38 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
45 Steven Susbauer