From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lynx, Links, or Elinks?
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 23:14:37
1 On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 10:36:32AM -0200, luis jure wrote:
2
3 > >As the subject says: Which text browser do you recommend?
4 >
5 > i haven't used text browsers for some time now, but i definitely prefered
6 > links over lynx. if i were you, i would try both. for me the links
7 > interface was much better, although lynx seems to be better known or more
8 > widely used.
9
10 I like elinks for its tabs capability and easy configurability through its GUI
11 (the latter isn’t a killer feature in console land, but it makes it easy for
12 example to find every keyboard-assignable feature it has).
13
14 And concerning size:
15
16 ls -l /usr/bin/{lynx,elinks}
17 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 933972 24. Okt 15:56 /usr/bin/elinks
18 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1286964 6. Jun 2011 /usr/bin/lynx
19
20 Plus, if you need it, elinks provides a number of other goodies like support
21 for bittorrent or samba.
22 --
23 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
24 I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.
25
26 The English invented the dinner speech so we may forget their food.