From: Aljosha Papsch <papsch.al@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lynx, Links, or Elinks?
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 09:21:58
1 Am Sonntag, den 11.12.2011, 00:13 +0100 schrieb Frank Steinmetzger:
2 > On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 10:36:32AM -0200, luis jure wrote:
3 >
4 > > >As the subject says: Which text browser do you recommend?
5 > >
6 > > i haven't used text browsers for some time now, but i definitely
7 > prefered
8 > > links over lynx. if i were you, i would try both. for me the links
9 > > interface was much better, although lynx seems to be better known or
10 > more
11 > > widely used.
12 >
13 > I like elinks for its tabs capability and easy configurability through
14 > its GUI
15 > (the latter isn’t a killer feature in console land, but it makes it
16 > easy for
17 > example to find every keyboard-assignable feature it has).
18
19 I like elinks and lynx for their proxy support. lynx simply uses *_proxy
20 environment variables, elinks must be configured in it's menu. links
21 doesn't support https over proxy.