From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Grub2 and is the upgrade a tooth puller.
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 08:37:01
1 On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 17:12:54 -0700, walt wrote:
2
3 > I've heard a rumor that Windows doesn't like GUID partition tables, so
4 > I haven't yet installed grub2 on my one machine that still multiboots
5 > between operating systems. (That's my one remaining machine with a
6 > legal install of Windows.) I confess I'm not interested enough to
7 > confirm the rumor, so I continue to wait because there is no incentive
8 > for me to make the change.
9
10 GRUB and GPT are completely unrelated, I use GRUB2 on machines with both
11 DOS and GPT partition tables, you don't need to repartition your drive to
12 upgrade your bootloader.
13
14 However, I also run GRUB legacy on some systems. I'd never install it
15 now, but if it's installed and working, why mess with it?
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Give me ambiguity or give me something else.