From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommendations for scheduler
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 21:17:29
1 On 1 August 2014 20:17:05 CEST, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >> New job, new environment. Existing persons suffer from
6 >> 5-year-old-with-a-hammer syndrome and assume cron is the solution to
7 >all
8 >> ills. Result: a towering edifice of cron jobs that may or may not
9 >> clobber each other's work, may or may not work at all, and implement
10 >no
11 >> error handling at all. But my god, can they spew out mail from STOUT
12 >
13 >Sounds like a department full of computer scientist I inherited a few
14 >decades ago...........
15 >
16 >I know nothing bout chronos, but I find it an interesting read....ymmv.
19 >http://nerds.airbnb.com/introducing-chronos/
20 >http://airbnb.github.io/chronos/
21 >https://github.com/airbnb/chronos
24 >cheers mate!
25 >
26 >James
27
28 Looks interesting.
29 Apart from it requiring a clustered environment (mesos).
30
31 Unless I misunderstand the part where it says it runs on top of mesos?
34 Joost
35 --
36 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.