From: Anton Shumskyi <efsinua@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to use my SSD the right way ;-)
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 22:59:35
1 Hi, there is a native queuing at my INTEL SSD 64GB, so i'v set "noop"
2 scheduler via udev rules. And it's kind a luggish when deleting a lot files
3 like kernel sources (at ext4,xfs,btrfs, FS makes no difference, some cheap
4 hardware stuff)​. Will test some day another scheduler like "deadline" on
5 top of native one at hardware, it's some kernel overhead but hope system
6 will not freeze for half a minute or more at high I/O....
7
8 For me best performance was at XFS, but for you ZFS (or less stable BTRFS)
9 may be a better choice if you have powerful enough CPU, my 2 core + HT
10 Intel Atom is too slow for it =(
11
12 and fstab options for my XFS (discard = trim option)
13 attr2,discard,inode64,noquota,relatime
14
15 And the best guide is at Arch wiki=) As always=)
16 https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Solid_State_Drives