From: "Holger Hoffstätte" <holger.hoffstaette@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: how to use my SSD the right way ;-)
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 00:37:20
1 On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 00:59:29 +0200, Anton Shumskyi wrote:
2
3 > Hi, there is a native queuing at my INTEL SSD 64GB, so i'v set "noop"
4 > scheduler via udev rules. And it's kind a luggish when deleting a lot files
5 > like kernel sources (at ext4,xfs,btrfs, FS makes no difference, some cheap
6
7 That's the discard setting. Since kernel 3.8.x the block layer sends TRIMs
8 synchronously and this totally tanked performance. Just run without discard
9 and run fstrim nightly.
10
11 > hardware stuff)​. Will test some day another scheduler like "deadline" on
12
13 Will not help in this case.
14
15 -h