From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which motherboard ?
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 19:19:30
1 On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Jacques Montier
2 <jacques.montier@×××××××××××.fr> wrote:
3 <SNIP>
4 >
5 > Here are the specs :
6 > http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3502#ov
9 > Cheers,
12 > Jacques
13
14 I have no real opinion on that MB. I've never owned a Gigabyte so I
15 don't have a real point of reference. I know other people here use
16 them so I suspect they are fine.
17
18 I personally like the Asus brand for flashing BIOS as it can be done
19 from a USB stick. If Gigabyte supports anything like that (i.e. -
20 doesn't require Windows or DOS or a floppy to flash BIOS) then it's
21 probably a good candidate.
22
23 Asus support isn't great. Their websites are slow and everyone seems
24 to complain about lack of communication when they have problems.
25 Again, I don't know anything about Gigabyte on that account.
26
27 Good luck.
28
29 - Mark