From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alsa config
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:35:56
1 Hi,
4 > I've tried modifying the conf file for this by putting in
5 > snd-intel8x0, but the system isn't reading it for some reason.  do I
6 > need to unmerge alsa-driver and start again ?
7
8 you only need the alsa drivers if
9
10 * you're still on 2.4 kernels
11 * you haven't activated the in-kernel drivers in your 2.6 kernel
12
13 I use the drivers of the 2.6 kernel and am just happy with it.
14
15 Check the following:
16
17 * The config file is /etc/modules.d/alsa
18
19 * Mine contains something like
20
21 alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
22 alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
23 alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss
24
25 options snd device_mode=0666
26
27 alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
28 alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0
29
30 and it works. There are no further ALSA driver configuration files.
31
32 After this, try
33
34 /etc/init.d/alsasound restart
35
36 Use alsamixer in a console window to adjust the settings. Ensure master
37 is open and PCM is unmuted and open.
40 Best regards & good luck,
43 ce
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list