From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is it sefe to unmerge?
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:12:45
1 On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 12:58:03AM +0100, Penguin Lover Henry Gebhardt squawked:
2 > > So, yes, pwdb is a runtime dependency. I don't actually run pam, so can't
3 > > confirm what would happen if I remove pwdb.
6 > Holy shit, what's going on? The ebuild in the portage tree is different than
7 > the one in /var/db/pkg/. Is it normal to update an ebuild but not its
8 > revision number? Here is the diff:
9 >
10 ---snipped---
11
12 Damn, I spoke too soon. Just re-synced, and now this pops in the
13 Changelog for pam
14
15 10 Feb 2008; Diego Petten<C3><B2> <flameeyes@g.o> pam-0.99.8.1-r1.ebuild, pam-0.99.9.0.ebuild:
16 Remove dependency over pwdb, pam_pwdb is no more present in PAM 0.99, so the dependency was bogus.
17
18 So, yeah, pwdb is not a dependency anymore and people can safely
19 remove it.
20
21 W
24 Somehow I feel like I needed the attention
25 ~Poly Chan. After his noodle and beef stir-fry stirred the fire
26 alarm and caused two fire engines and one ambulance to gather
27 outside our dorm door. 06-09-2002
28 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 433 days, 2:43
29 --
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list