From: Christopher Robinson <chrisrobinson@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Install
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 22:42:13
1 --------------------------------------------
2 On Sat, 9/24/16, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Install
5 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 Date: Saturday, September 24, 2016, 6:25 PM
7
8 On September 25, 2016
9 12:10:59 AM GMT+02:00, Dutch Ingraham <stoa@×××.us> wrote:
10 >On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 09:49:07PM +0000,
11 J. Roeleveld wrote:
12 >> On September
13 24, 2016 11:42:23 PM GMT+02:00, Christopher Robinson
14 ><chrisrobinson@××××××××××.com>
15 wrote:Joost,
16
17 I appreciate this reply. I did assume that after I booted the minimal install and the files compiled
18 I could get to a graphic desktop. That is what happens with the Live DVD, in spite of the fact that
19 Neil sees no difference bewteen the two. II now understand that there is no installer. The password/
20 user again was based on a mistaken similarity between the minimal install and the Live DVD.
21 My thinking was that the minimal install required a password/user to run whereas the Live DVD
22 did not.
25 >> >Joost you should not be
26 responding to people seeking help. Your
27 >> >attititude is offensive.
28 >>
29 >> Please do
30 enlighten us. What part of the email you are responding
32 >is offensive?
35 >I'd just like to
36 take a moment and commend the regular posters to this
37 >list, from whom I have learned much over
38 the last few years, for
39 >showing
40 >what is, in my opinion, great restraint and
41 civility towards the OP.
42 >If
43 >he had walked into *my house* and
44 immediately began chastising the
45 >locals
46 and lecturing them on how they should act, well, I may not
47 have
48 >been able to be so charitable.
49 Well done, chaps!
52 Not going to fall into the obvious trap leading
53 to politics and immigration. :)
54 (Sorry, too
55 much of that going on in the world....)
56
57 I actually find it's a lot more fun to stay
58 civil. It might also help in solving the actual issue the OP
59 is having.
62 Joost
66 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail.
67 Please excuse my brevity.