From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Flashing BIOS with Windows utility
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:59:47
1 Am Dienstag 19 Januar 2010 20:23:53 schrieb Grant:
2 > >> I need to update the BIOS on my Biostar motherboard, but the utility
3 > >> is said to be "Windows 2000 / XP / VISTA". I've flashed the BIOS in
4 > >> other systems by booting a FreeDOS CD, but that won't work for a
5 > >> Windows (not DOS) flashing utility, will it? I tried running the
6 > >> utility via wine with no luck.
7 > >
8 > > Did you try the flashing utilities from the coreboot project?
9 >
10 > I looked into that, but the only Biostar motherboard in their list of
11 > supported hardware is an old Pentium II/III:
12 >
13 > http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards
14
15 That's the list of supported boards for coreboot itself. I was talking about
16 their flashrom tool (www.flashrom.org).
17
18 Bye...
19